Rules for 13th Floor spaces
- This is a professional space. Be respectful of the work environment.
- NYU IDs must be visible on your person at all times.
- Employees must send names of guests (both NYU and non-NYU) to Receptionist to forward to Public Safety.
- Staff will be allowed 24-hour access (demarcation stickers will be provided)
- Student hours are M-F, 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM and weekends 9:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- CUSP students will have a demarcation sticker indicating permission to be on the 13th
- Personal guests of CUSP students are not allowed without prior permission from Assistant Director, Academic Services.
- Do not occupy in an office or cubicle that has not been assigned to you.
- Any found items will be placed in the Lost and Found at the 13th floor Reception Desk and discarded after 30 days.
- Service Animals are the only animals allowed on the premises.
- CUSP staff, faculty, and students may not use the 12thfloor or its resources.
COVID-19 Safety Measures
- All NYU community members are required to be fully vaccinated and to upload proof of vaccination through the Student Health Center Portal.
- Regardless of vaccination status, anyone wishing to enter an NYU academic or administrative building must use the Daily COVID-19 Screener for Campus Access prior to entry.
- All students, faculty, administrators, staff, visitors, vendors, and affiliates are required to wear masks at all times while on the 13th floor. Masks may only be removed if an individual is working alone in a single occupancy space with the door closed or while eating in a designated space (still maintaining social distancing).
- Please refer to CUSP’s COVID-19 Guidelines and Information, Tandon Returns, and NYU Returns for more complete information regarding university policies surrounding the return to in-person activities on campus.
The Pantry (room 1340) is for staff only. Students may use the microwave and toaster only.
- Refrigerator: Label all food and beverages with your full name (no initials) and date. All old, expired, or inadequately labeled food will be disposed of. No food may be stored in cabinets.
- Microwave: Clean microwave after each use. Plastic microwave covers are provided. DO NOT PUT METAL OR ALUMINUM FOIL IN THE MICROWAVE.
- Be green! Use only your own reusable cups, plates, and utensils whenever possible.
- Sink: No items may be left in the sink. Any personal items left in the sink overnight will be discarded.
Room Reservation & Use Guidelines
Conference room bookings are for CUSP staff and students only. Rooms can be booked from Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM. Rooms will otherwise be locked unless special arrangements are made. Rooms can be reserved for up to 4 hours.
Procedure for booking:
- Contact Reception at extension x70500 or stop by the Reception Desk.
- Provide your full name and NYU Net ID (along with all names of those using the room)
- Receive a “Reserved” sign at Reception and place it on the outside of the door.
End of Meeting Checklist:
- Dispose of all trash
- Clean white board and return markers to basket. Cleaner and paper towels are provided.
- Turn off the Crestron system.
- Return “Reserved” sign to Reception
Meeting Rooms, Occupancy, & Features
Director’s Conference Room (1325): Seats 28, A/V Conferencing enabled, can only be reserved through Kim Reed.
Madrid Conference Room (1321): Seats 10, A/V conferencing enabled, fixed layout w/ conference table.
Buenos Aires Conference Room (1334): Seats 10, A/V conferencing enabled, fixed layout w/ conference table. **Conference table can double as a ping pong table.** If you use the table for ping pong, please return it to its conference table configuration after playing and properly stow all game equipment. Be aware of how nearby rooms are being used before starting a game so as not to disturb others.
Prague Room (1329): Seats 4, A/V conferencing available. Wall-mounted monitors can be connected to via VGA or HDMI connections in the table top.
Accra Meeting Room (1337): Seats 4, A/V conferencing available. Wall-mounted monitors can be connected to via VGA or HDMI connections in the table top.
Phone Booths (2 person occupancy):
- Jupiter (1328)
- Saturn (1331) Privacy Room
- Uranus (1333)
- Neptune (1335)
Additional Communal & Shared Spaces
- Learning Commons (across from the sensor lab 1302) seats 32 and hosts computers for CUSP MS student use only.
- 13th floor reception area and adjacent high top tables
- White board corridor across from room 1315
- Pearl Street corridor with benches and counters
- Open conference table on 13th floor next to room 1327
- Copy room is 1338
- Copier is for staff and faculty only and requires a code. Printers are not intended for printing large jobs such as books. To request the copier code, visit Reception.
- There is an NYU print station for students located in the Learning Commons.
- Please be diligent to pick up your materials as soon as they are printed.
- The office supplies in the copy room are for copy room use only and should not be removed. If you need any office supplies, please see Reception.
- Shredder and technoscrap are located in the copy room.
- If any equipment is malfunctioning or out of paper/toner, please report it immediately to Reception.
- All outgoing mail should be given to Reception or placed in the outgoing mail bin (located at Reception desk). Mail must have appropriate postage.
- Students may not receive personal mail to 370 Jay Street, as it will be returned to sender.
- USPS and NYU Interoffice mail gets picked up once a day; the outgoing mailboxes are located at Reception desk. Special requests (UPS service) can be made through Receptionist.
Shared Sensor Lab (Room 1302)
The Shared Sensor Lab is a common space designed to allow for the testing of sensor concepts for current or future research. For card access to this room, please see Amanda Ryley.
Updated August 2019.