MS Class of 2020
I am a graduate student in Applied Urban Science and Informatics at New York University. I completed my undergraduate education in Geography and Geographic Information Systems at the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA).
My interests include resource management, data science, sustainable development, Geographic Information Systems (GIS), remote sensing, and cartography. In particular, I aim to leverage my skills in geospatial and data analytics to work towards greater equity and sustainability in human development.
My current and previous coursework includes: Python, R, data analytics, Geographic Information Systems, economics, urban planning, and political science.
Thus far, I have been exposed to the following industries:
- Data Analytics
- Water Resource Management
- Real Estate
- Public Service and Government
Most Recent Professional Experience
Geospatial Intern, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Los Angeles, California
- Analyzed and spatially visualized large datasets of irrigation deliveries and evapotranspiration projections
- Calculated and estimated water use through satellite imagery and heat balance models such as METRIC
Urban Planning Intern, JTC Corporation, Singapore
- Automated user data processing in R which was incorporated into an API
- Automated the analysis and identification of a land parcel’s properties and buildable area with ArcPy.
- Analyzed and segmented user data from industrial installations for planning and estate management purposes in collaboration with, and for use by government agencies.
Student Researcher, UCLA, Los Angeles
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (Profs. Helga Leitner & Eric Sheppard): Analyzed financial reports of Indonesian real estate developers to support NSF-funded research on urban development and economic globalization in Jakarta, Indonesia (Speculative Urbanism: Land, Livelihoods, and Finance Capital)
- Undergraduate Research Assistant (Prof Michael Shin): Analyzed and visualized Part B Medicare data to support research into spatial and temporal variations of Medicare charges across the United States
- Bachelor of Arts in Geography, Minor in Geographic Information Systems and Technologies
- Summa cum laude
- June 2019
Other Degrees & Certifications
- Barcelona Graduate School of Economics, Data Science Summer School
Awards & Recognition
- UCLA Department of Geography, Blackman Award, 2019
- Southern California Association of Governments ESRI Story Map Challenge 2018, First Place
- Deans’ Honors List, UCLA
- Full-time employment (requires sponsorship for employment)