MS Class of 2020, Lebanon
Architecture has taught me that a good building design is one that can overcome the challenge of being actively respondent to its context. At NYU Center for Urban Science and Progress I am learning the tools to enhance buildings’ predictivity and proactivity. I am Interested in exploring data driven approaches to building innovation in areas such as energy efficiency, building materials and space adaptability. I am also intrigued by the idea and methods of reclaiming and smartly upgrading the street space resulting in an enhanced, people-centered public realm.
I am in a continuous search for a ground that lies at the intersection of architecture, urban planning, and data science and aims for the overall betterment of cities.
Most Recent Professional Experience
Architect at World Media Holding / Upscale (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Managed the work flow between architects, construction and mechanical engineers on a given project
- Organized and reviewed architectural and execution drawings, recommended design changes, and produced coordinated packages
- Proposed preliminary concepts and programs to communicate the client’s vision to a project’s lead architect(s)
- Coordinated between landlords, tenants and engineering teams on multiplex cinemas, hospitality and residential projects
Campaign Volunteer for Naqabati during the Order of Engineers & Architects Elections (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Campaigned to revitalize the role of the syndicate in strategic planning and sustainable development of the city
- Rallied engineers over the need for modern urban planning policies to govern the unregulated urban sprawl of the city
- Pressured the government to acknowledge the technical solutions engineers and architects offer for the simmering social and environmental problems facing the capital
Campaign Volunteer for Beirut Madinati during the 2016 Municipal Election (Beirut, Lebanon)
- Campaigned for a secular political alternative that endorses equality, sustainability and social justice
- Advocated for the need to preserve the environment and the cultural and natural heritage of the city
- Participated in door-to door canvassing events, phone banking and voter outreach campaigns
- Formed local groups and led teams of volunteers across Beirut to inform and guide voters on election day
Beirut Arab University, Beirut, Lebanon.
Bachelor of Architectural Engineering
Awards & Recognition
- Ranked 3rd in my class of 60 students upon graduating
- First prize winner of Nossoli Award for Rhetoric & Linguistics, Makassed. April 2009
- Part-time employment