MS Class of 2018
I am a HKUST graduate (2016) in Interdisciplinary bachelor’s program of Environmental Technology with minor in Information Technology. I worked as a research-assistant in HKUST-DT SymLabs (Computer Vision and Augmented Reality Lab) for a year, where my research was on ways of improving User Interaction with the AR devices, like Google Glass. Currently, I have a working paper in this research area. My passion lies in the interdisciplinary field of computer science and environment wherein I can use my computer science skills to tackle real-world issues.
Most Recent Professional Experience
RESEARCH ASSISTANT (UNDER PROFESSOR PAN HUI), DEUTSCHE TELEKOM (DT) SYSTEM AND MEDIA LABORATORY (SYMLAB): ANDROID APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ON AR SYSTEMS
Hong Kong, July 2016 – June 2017
- Wrote research paper (First Author) for ACM Interactive, Mobile, Wearable and Ubiquitous Technologies (IMWUT – Aug 2017: paper on review) conference on research area: Improving UX for the smart glasses.
- Designed and developed android-based ‘Navigation App’ for Google Glass and MAD Gaze, for both indoor & outdoor environment.
- Designed and developed Indoor Navigation using WiFi signal strength information for the App development in the indoor environment.
- Designed Usability Tests based on NASA Task Load Index (NASA TLX) assessment, and conducted Usability Evaluation for the App on 40 users.
- Literature Reviewed UI of AR systems currently in the Market, Indoor Navigation and Human Vision Perception.
- Served as a Reviewer of the Conference Papers related to: Improved k-Anonymity Method for Privacy Preserving Collaborative Filtering, Content and Sentiment analysis of marijuana-related posts.
- Bachelors of Science (2012 – 2016) in Environmental Technology with minor in Information Technology, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (HKUST) , Hong Kong
- Semester Exchange in School of Engineering (Fall 2014) University of New South Wales (UNSW), Sydney
- Summer Research Exchange (Summer 2015) in Occidental College, Los Angeles
Awards & Recognition
- Received Grant from Luce Initiative on Asia Studies and the Environment (LIASE – 2015) through Occidental College
- Hong Kong Government Research on Award (2015) through HKUST
- HKUST University Entrance Scholarship (2012) and Continuing Student Scholarship (2013)
- HKUST Dean’s List Award
- Hong Kong International Student Ambassador (2012 – 2016)
- Represented Hong Kong in London International Youth Science Forum (2013) : Joint venture of Imperial College of London, Oxford University, Cambridge University and CERN
- Received recognition for volunteering in Hong Kong Special Olympics (2013)
- Part-time employment
- Full-time employment