MS Class of 2018
Fangshu Lin has seven years of research and work experience in civil engineering in China and USA. She is now pursuing a master’s degree in Applied Urban Science and Informatics at NYU CUSP. Her extensive experience in Civil Engineering has prepared her with a unique vision and strong interdisciplinary skill sets when dealing with urban data. She is particularly interested in integrating data-driven technologies and her background in Civil Engineering to tackle infrastructural and environmental challenges in cities.
Most Recent Professional Experience
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER, TONGJI ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN (GROUP) CO., LTD.
- Participated in the structural design of many projects including commercial buildings, office buildings, and educational facilities in China.
VISITING RESEARCHER, PURDUE UNIVERSITY (INTELLIGENT INFRASTRUCTURE SYSTEMS LABORATORY)
- Performed research on real-time hybrid simulation and structural control.
- B.E., Civil Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Other Degrees & Certifications
- MS in Applied Urban Science and Informatics, NYU Center for Urban Science + Progress, New York, USA
- Ph.D., Structural Engineering, Tongji University, Shanghai, China
Awards & Recognition
- National Scholarship
- The First Prize Scholarship
- Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- JLPT Japanese-Language Proficiency Test (Level 1)
- Full-time employment