- Congratulations to Debra Laefer, who was selected as a member of the American Delegation for the USA-Russia Symposium in May 2018 hosted by the Geo-Institute of the American Society of Civil Engineers and the Russian Society for Soil Mechanics, Foundations, and Geotechnical Engineering.
- Jorge Garcia-Vidal of the Computer Architecture Department at the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya will join us starting January 23. He will be working with Prof. Masoud Ghandehari. García-Vidal is head of the Statistical Analysis of Networks and Systems (SANS) research group. He lectures courses on Statistical Analisys of Systems, Mobile Internet and Internet of Things.
- New York City Patch reported on a study led by Professors Stan Sobolevsky and Constantine Kontokosta that considers the impact of two urban deployments, Citi Bike and LinkNYC kiosks, on the local commercial activity in neighborhoods of New York City. The research is a collaboration with Future Cities Catapult and MasterCard.
- Congratulations to Prof. Debra Laefer who received Provostial support to fund her aerial LiDAR ground-truthing experiments.
- Dashdorj, Zolzaya, Stanislav Sobolevsky, SangKeun Lee, and Carlo Ratti. “Deriving human activity from geo-located data by ontological and statistical reasoning.” Knowledge-Based Systems (2017).
- Hashemian, Behrooz, Emanuele Massaro, Iva Bojic, Juan Murillo Arias, Stanislav Sobolevsky, and Carlo Ratti. “Socioeconomic characterization of regions through the lens of individual financial transactions.” PloS one 12, no. 11 (2017): e0187031.
- M’cleod, Lani, Richard Vecsler, Yuan Shi, Ekaterina Levitskaya, Sunny Kulkarni, Sergey Malinchik, and Stanislav Sobolevsky.
- Procedia Computer Science. 119 (2017): 42-50. Note: This paper results from one of this year’s capstone projects.
- Emanuele Massaro, Stanislav Sobolevsky, Iva Bojic, Juan Murillo Arias, and Carlo Ratti “Predicting regional economic indices using big data of individual bank card transactions” IEEE Big Data 2017, Boston, USA (December, 2017)
- Stanislav Sobolevsky, Philipp Kats, Sergey Malinchik, Mark Hoffman, Brian Kettler, Constantine Kontokosta. “Twitter Connections Shaping New York City.” Hawaii International Conference In System Sciences’2018 (January, 2018; this is a paper resulting from our collaboration with Lockheed Martin).
- Sobolevsky, S., Levitskaya, E., Chan, H., Enaker, S., Bailey, J., Postle, M., Loukachev, Y., Rolfs, M. and Kontokosta, C., 2017. Impact Of Urban Technology Deployments On Local Commercial Activity. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.00659 .
- Sobolevsky, S., Belyi, A. and Ratti, C., 2017. Optimality Of Community Structure In Complex Networks. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.05110
- Sobolevsky, S., 2017. Inferring hierarchical structure of spatial and generic complex networks through a modeling framework. arXiv preprint arXiv:1712.05792