Educational Programs Executive Education in
& City Analytics
ProgramUrban Informatics & City Analytics
Location CUSP, New York City
Length 3 Days
Contact Details email@example.com
Executive Education at CUSP
Urban Informatics & Data Analytics: using data to make cities efficient, livable, equitable, and resilient
Executive Education at CUSP provides you with the ability to use large-scale data, from a variety of sources, to understand and address real-world challenges in the urban context. As a participant of this program, you will gain the following knowledge and competencies:
- Create and manage urban informatics programs within and across organizations
- Use large-scale datasets and analytics to address fundamental problems and challenges of city operations, planning, and development facing cities in the developed and developing world
- An understanding of urban science and urban informatics and their relationship to the operation and development of cities
- An ability to identify and assess problems, evaluate data needs and analytical approaches to problem-solving, and develop solutions in real-world, multiple-constraint contexts
- Lead processes of data-driven decision-making and manage complex analytics operations
Who Will Benefit From This Program?
If you have any questions about your eligibility and qualifications, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three day intensives covering the fundamental of urban data analytics
Delivered over the course of three days, this rigorous program equips participants with the skills required to partner with senior management and key executives within their organizations in order to design and implement city analytics and urban informatics initiatives that deliver measurable, scalable results.
The program covers trends, challenges, and opportunities for in Big Data applications for urban systems, including such critical informatics skills as data management and mining of massive datasets, data science and analytics, and information visualization, with particular focus on the development and implementation of solutions within the urban environment.
Through lectures held by leading faculty, researchers, practitioners, and city leaders, together with case studies, cohort discussions, and professional coaching, participants will acquire the knowledge needed to unlock the potential of Big Data in order to make cities more efficient, livable, equitable, and resilient.
Session 1: Cities of Today – Urban ICT for Smart & Sustainable Cities.
Session 2: Leveraging Small & Big Data: Data Management & Manipulation at Scale.
Session 3: Applied Informatics in NYC: The Case Study of NYC M.O.D.A.
Session 4: Networking & Coaching Reception
Session 1: Monitoring City Operations.
Session 2: Rapid Reporting and Visualization,
Session 3: Data-Driven Decision Making and City Analytics
Session 4: Economics of City Analytics
Session 1: Provenance, Privacy, Ethics & Governance of Data.
Session 2: Social Media & Citizen Science: Engaging the Public
Session 3: Cities of Tomorrow
Session 4: Data-driven Strategy & Organizational Leadership