NYU CUSP Graduate StudentsFall 2017 Cohort
MS Class of 2018
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: +1 (929) 301-3052
Experienced business advisor and technology consultant with a passion for working with organizations whose vision is focused on helping to bring forward meaningful change for customers and the wider public. My interest areas include data analytics, entrepreneurship, urban change, artificial intelligence and emerging technologies such as IoT and sensors.
I thrive on challenging teams, colleagues and industry to consider new ways of thinking and action to address issues that impact the daily lives of those in the community.
A proven leadership track-record cultivating high performing teams to achieve outcomes including managing large multi-region programs. I have influenced stakeholders to deliver experiences characterized through innovation, engagement and simplicity.
Previous roles engaged closely with large corporate enterprises and governments across the United States, Australia and Asia Pacific, collaborating with colleagues and industry partners to help solve important client problems.
I am interested in connecting with others in the investment management, start-up, venture capital and private equity industries.
Additionally, I enjoy travel, cooking, fitness and sports (rugby union and running half-marathons), public speaking (Island Toastmasters Club, Hong Kong) and collecting unique cufflinks
Most Recent Professional Experience
Analytics Manager, The Experience Centre
- Sep 2014 – Jul 2017, Hong Kong
- Consulting to large multi-national organizations on data analytics, technology, customer and user experience, creative, design, digital, IoT and artificial intelligence to deliver strategic outcomes. Key client industries included Life Insurance, Banking & Financial Services, Airlines and Retail & Consumer, across Hong Kong, China, Japan and South East Asia
- Further, I was responsible for practice development initiatives to establish the analytics offering across Hong Kong / China. This included training and development, pipeline management, compilation of thought leadership and point-of-view materials for conferences and speaking engagements. I oversaw the growth and ongoing management of the team to over 30+ analytics consulting team members across HK/China in 24 months.
Modelling & Analytics Manager, Technology Consulting
- Aug 2009 – Aug 2014, Melbourne, Australia
- Consulting to many institutional, national enterprise and government clients.
- Relevant engagements included market entry strategy, synergy identification, cost reduction, market trend analysis and due diligence across several industries including Banking and Financial services, Telecommunications and Mining & Resources.
Hong Kong Analytics Community Organizing Committee
- May 2015 – Aug 2017
- Member of the industry body and committee responsible for organizing regular events with presentations on topics relevant to the analytics profession (particularly in Hong Kong). The community seeks to create an environment where analytics professionals from different backgrounds and different industries can come together to share ideas and inspire each other on how to use analytics in business.
- Previous events I organized were at Google, Garage Society (General Assembly), and McKinsey in Hong Kong, with speakers engaged on topics including hiring analytics talent, data privacy and personalization of customer marketing campaigns.
Hong Kong Scottish Rugby Football Club
- Aug 2014 – Aug 2017
- Fundraising and Social secretary; and premier division playing squad member
- Previously represented Melbourne Rugby Club representative 2003-2014 – 1st Grade Premiership player, 2010; Club Captain, 2007
The University of Melbourne
- Teaching Assistant, Department of Economics, Jan 2007 – Nov 2009
- Residential Tutor, International House, Jan 2009 – Nov 2011
- Research Assistant, Department of Mathematics & Statistics, Dec 2006 – Feb 2007
- Visiting Instructor, Hong Kong, Data Analytics (Data Science) course, Jun 2016
THRIVE Business Mentor
- Apr – Jun 2014
- Mentored social enterprise in Melbourne, Australia to support key customers segment analysis, staff/talent retention and profitability
The University of Melbourne, Melbourne, Australia
- Bachelors of Commerce and Science (Hons), completed July 2009
- Majors: Finance, Actuarial Studies, Mathematics, and Statistics.
University of California – Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Undergraduate Exchange Program
Other Degrees & Certifications
- Chartered Financial Analyst – Level III
Awards & Recognition
- CUSP Fellowship, 2017/18
- Big Data, smart cities, and the future of Hong Kong, PwC publication, Aug 2016
- Volatility Modelling in Options Markets, University of Melbourne Honours Thesis, Jun 2009
- UCLA EAP scholarship, 2008
- Part-time employment
- Full-time employment