NYU CUSP Graduate StudentsFall 2017 Cohort
MS Class of 2018
Data professional who enjoys crunching numbers, but realizes that pursuing the wrong questions can be just as inefficient as (and possibly much more dangerous than) using bubble sort. Primarily interested in the intersection of data and human behavior, particularly in urban environments, and seeking to better comprehend seeming anomalies in behavior patterns through the collection and analysis of big data.
Most Recent Professional Experience
Senior Associate – Management Intelligence & Analytics, Clutch Group, LLC
Washington DC, May 2016 – Jan 2017
- Served as the primary reporting contact for the company’s two largest clients in the banking sector, gathering, synthesizing, and presenting data to clients at individual project and aggregate levels.
- Functioned as the Executive Team’s primary business intelligence analyst, providing weekly & monthly reporting on a wide variety of business-related matters; created tools for collection, analysis, and presentation of data.
- Worked closely with the marketing team to provide data-driven RFPs, occasionally participating in new-client pitches and on-boarding.
Associate – Business Analytics & Logistics, Clutch Group, LLC
Washington DC, Dec 2014 – Apr 2016
- Facilitated data-driven communication between Project Management, Finance, IT, Marketing, and Executive teams in a global legal services firm, creating reporting tools to capture and share quantitative and qualitative project information clearly and uniformly across divisions.
- Created revenue forecasting tool, synthesizing information and making growth projections with EVP of Business Development; presented these findings to Executive Team and lead investors on a monthly basis.
Founder & Owner, Crooked Trails, Inc.
Charlottesville, VA, Apr 2013 – Oct 2014
- Founded food business dedicated to providing students and community members access to affordable, healthy food (whole grain salads, sandwiches, breakfast, etc.)
- Developed business plan, participated in pitch competitions, raised investment money, navigated local regulatory framework, built partnerships with local businesses, hired and lead a team of 7 employees, managed social media presence & advertising campaign, interviewed with local press, cooked delicious food, performed internal business operations (taxes, payroll, accounting, permits, etc.), participated in sale of the business.
- University of Virginia (Charlottesville, VA) – Philosophy
Other Degrees & Certifications
- Intro to Computer Programming Using Python (MIT, EdX)
- Intro to Computational Thinking & Data Science (MIT, EdX)
- Intro to Probability – The Science of Uncertainty (MIT, EdX)
- Databases (Stanford, Lagunita)
- Game Theory & Game Theory Advanced Applications (Stanford, Coursera)
- Full-time employment
- Part-time employment