Admitted Students FAQs
Frequently Asked Questions from Admitted Students
Activate your Net ID
- Go to start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions. Your NetID is your login and username for your NYU e-mail account.
Log in to NYUHome
- Go to home.nyu.edu and enter your NetID and password. Visit the various tabs to familiarize yourself with the layout and information available. Confirm that you have access to your e-mail account.
Log in to NYU Albert
- Albert, NYU’s student information system, displays your schedule, classroom location and final grades. From the NYUHome Welcome screen, click on the tab labeled “Academics.” On the upper left side of the Academics page, click the box labeled “Albert Login.” You will now be at the Albert Welcome screen.
Check your NYU E-mail
- Once you activate your NYUHome account you can check your NYU e-mail by logging in to NYUHome and clicking the “E-mail” link, or navigating directly to email.nyu.edu and using your NYUHome credentials. All NYU correspondence from this point on will be sent to your NYU e-mail address.
Enroll in Classes
- Through the Student Center in Albert, click on the “Enroll” link on the left-hand side of the page and select classes to enter into your shopping cart. Be sure to use the search function on the right hand side of the course guide in order to narrow your search by subject, session or by open/closed status. Once your selected courses are in your shopping cart, confirm classes by clicking “Finish Enrolling.” If you are interested in enrolling in more than one class, select “Add another class” and repeat the process. Students are allowed to take up to 18 credits per fall session. If you are blocked from registering for a course for any reason, please submit an Enrollment Request Form with the Academic Resource Center. You must include your full name and NYU ID Number in all communications.
Review Your Schedule
- In the student center, select “My Class Schedule” to find out the location, dates and times for the courses you selected.