Master of Science
Applied Urban Science and
- Single-variable calculus
- Basic programming
- Statistics and probability
- Geographic information systems and spatial analytics
- Basic computer science
A selection committee may deem some applicants in need of further training to be admitted into the program. In such cases, accelerated instruction may be available during the pre-semester City Challenge Program.
Applications for the master program are reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Step 1: Learn more – request information here or attend an information session.
- Step 2: Submit a completed online application. In addition to your online application, we also require:
- University transcript(s)
- GRE scores
- Three recommendation letters
- Personal statement or urban informatics essay
- TOEFL (school code #3345) or IELTS for non-native English speakers
- $95 application fee
- Step 3: Urban Data Challenge. Upon review of your completed application, you will be asked to analyze a specific urban problem statement and dataset. Your analysis should lead to a proposed solution for the given problem statement.