- Single-variable calculus
- Basic programming
- Statistics and probability
- Geographic information systems and spatial analytics
- Basic computer science
We are looking for people from ALL disciplines who would like to apply their quantitative skills to pressing social issues. A selection committee may deem some applicants in need of further training to be admitted into the program. In such cases, accelerated instruction may be available during the pre-semester City Challenge Program.
Applications for the masters program are reviewed through a system of rounds and on a rolling admissions basis.
If you are seeking funding and assistantships, you must submit your application during Round 1 by the deadline of February 15th.
For those who do not need funding or assistantships, the Round 2 deadline is March 30th.
- Step 1: Learn more – request information here or attend an information session.
- Step 2: Submit an application with the Preliminary Review requirements. Application submissions are based on the deadlines listed below. Completed applications will consist of two rounds. CUSP administers a two stage review process in order to streamline the admissions process. Time between preliminary review and final review is determined by the volume of applications and the completion of preliminary requirements by candidates. After the preliminary review is complete, we will contact you with your results.
- Step 3: After receiving notification regarding preliminary review, upload the documentation required for the Final Review and submit to finalize your application.
Candidates applying for the MS Program who are seeking funding through financial aid, merit-based scholarships, and/or assistantships must apply to the priority deadline or the extended deadline listed below.
CUSP also administers an admissions cycle on a rolling basis for students seeking to join the MS Program without need for funding. The rolling admissions cycle also applies for all certificate programs. The deadlines for rolling admissions are shown below.